This is a great recipe for brunch. It is also good for a quick breakfast after the initial baking. It’s like a handheld breakfast sandwich without the bread. Because the only carbs are from the vegetables, this is a great Ketogenic breakfast idea.
12 slices bacon, cut into halves
½ c. half-and-half
½ cup diced vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms and onion)
½ c. cheddar cheese
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cook bacon in a skillet or on a griddle until your desired doneness.
3. Beat eggs, half-and-half, vegetables, cheese, salt and pepper until incorporated.
4. In each muffin cup, place 2 bacon halves in a crisscross pattern, then fill each with ¼ cup of the egg mixture.
5. Place muffin tin on a baking sheet for easier transport to the oven, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set in the center.
NOTE: This recipe can be halved and cooked in a 6-cup muffin tin also.
Recipe from Home Made Simple