I was not successful yesterday. In the morning we went to look at a camper shell for our truck. We were not able to bring it home because the jacks did not work, it was on a frame and the gentleman was not there to show us his plan to get it on the truck. That killed the morning. I wanted to do some mending but that did not happen because my son and daughter-in-law came over to talk about buying the place when we got back home. We had a nice afternoon and they stayed for fried chicken & cauliflower for dinner. By the time they left it was 6 pm and I had no desire to do anything constructive.
This afternoon we are supposed to go back to pick up the camper shell if the repairs have been completed. In a way I hope it’s not done. But I know we need to get it to the house so Mac can start working on it for the animals to travel.
Since I found a picture of the armoire that Mac built back in 1997 or 1998, I thought I would show you how I converted it into a bar. The armoire was originally stained golden oak and used as a coat closet.
First I painted the exterior gray and used a sponge and hunter green paint to finish the outside.
Inside I painted the walls a light green with black shelves and trim.
We had a bar sign which we installed as well as 2 wine glass hangers.
We decided that mirrors would add extra brightness.
Mac found an old mirror and used it to cover the opening that used to be a drawer.
This is where we keep extra alcohol.
Finally Mac installed a rope light so the lower shelves weren’t so dark. This turned out great and we can display our many glasses and alcohols.
The last curtains I have made was for what used to be our bedroom before we moved to the other side of the house. This room is now my work space. I chose the fabric because the walls were painted dark green and I thought a green print on white fabric would match perfectly. Since this used to be a bedroom I wanted to make sure light couldn’t get through the curtain so I backed it with a dark blue denim. You will notice I put loops at the top instead of just a hole for the curtain rod.
I found this “Sports Clothes Hamper” in some old yard sale stuff and decided to make it into a planter. I had a friend design and paint the backer. It is beautiful. Now all it needs is a herb or flower to complete the revamp.
In January, I shared the redecorating of my bedroom. Once the bedroom was done we started work on the bathroom. I had this maroon paint which I painted the walls. Then I took a pale yellow for the ceiling. For extra color, I used bright yellow for the accent color: vanity door, trim, towels and rugs.
When looking for a shower curtain, Mac picked this white with yellow and grays. Not something I would have picked but it really fit into the color scheme. The shower curtain also made it possible to add a gray color into the bathroom look.
As we are aware, most shower curtains don’t go all the way to the ceiling. To solve this (to keep the heat in the shower), I had this great white and yellow fabric and made a valance, I guess is what you would call it.
There are still a few little things to complete like framing the mirror we installed and finish the caulking in the shower. We sort of stopped redecorating for a while but I have really got to finish these couple of little things.. I do have plans the living/dining area but haven’t got motivated to start it yet.
For Puzzle Day, I made this cute puzzle of Dory that I got for Christmas. Very easy puzzle.
I purchased a frame from the dollar store and spray painted it yellow, Dory is now an inexpensive decoration for any child’s room.
Last year, we redecorated the master bedroom as we were going to be home more. Once again we went with red as the base color and brown as a secondary color.
I painted the walls and ceiling an off white with a border to separate the ceiling from the wall.
We purchased curtains and doubled them to provide a darkened room when desired.
We also purchased a bedspread with a pattern to add to the overall aesthetics of the room.
You will notice a small round table in the corner where I have a computer and printer.
We took a shelving unit and mounted it on the wall instead of leaving it on the floor.
Since there was a gap in the ceiling, we used the red printed fabric to cover it for a more finished look.
I am really pleased with the way the room came out.
We even did all the finish trim and everything. HaHa!